Qualifications for Enrollment
The InterSpiritual Companioning & Counseling program (ISCC) is a worthwhile educational investment not only for those who may be seeking to build a private interspiritual companioning/counseling practice, but also for individuals working in complementary fields such as social work, mental health, holistic wellness, education, and health care.
Students in a variety of careers have found great value in professional development that enhances their ability to support others in ways that honor their full humanity and spiritual journey, including counselors, nonprofit professionals, community advocates, psychologists, teachers, art therapists, public servants, yoga and movement instructors, human resource specialists, energy workers, clergy, medical practitioners, and those who may be transitioning from other fields.
"It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences."
— Audre Lorde
One Spirit is committed to ongoing diversity and welcomes all qualified adults, regardless of age, gender identity, race, religion, ethnic background, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ideal Candidates for Enrollment in ISCC
Acceptance into the ISCC program is based heavily on the applicant’s character and personal goals as well as their emotional and spiritual maturity. Specifically, we are seeking students who demonstrate the following qualities:
- A desire to deepen their understanding and experience of the spiritual.
- An interest in integrating Spirit into all aspects of life.
- The recognition that there are many valid spiritual paths
- Direct experience exploring culturally diverse faith and wisdom traditions.
- The cultivation of intuitive insight and wisdom.
- An engaging and affirming presence.
- The ability to consistently communicate in ways that convey mindfulness, respect, and empathy.
- Excellent listening skills.
- An understanding that spiritual guides and leaders are not able to hold space for others that they do not hold for themselves.
- A clear sense of their personal values, strengths, and growing edges.
- The ability to set realistic goals and honor commitments.
The level of each applicant's experience with interfaith/interspiritual traditions and/or studies will be assessed on a case by case basis. If it is determined that additional experience is needed, applicants will be encouraged to complete the first year of One Spirit's Seminary program. A second interview will be held upon completion of that training.
All course materials are communicated in the English language, therefore fluency with reading and writing in English is required.
A computer or laptop with a webcam and microphone to participate in online classes and meetings via Zoom. Your device will also be used to access the online ISCC portal (WisdomWeb) for course communications and learning content.
Applications for the 2021-22 ISCC cohort are currently being accepted now through July 31, 2021. Once your application is complete and has been reviewed, the One Spirit Admissions office will contact you to schedule an interview. Upon acceptance into the program, new students must return all necessary paperwork within two weeks to finalize their enrollment.