Request for Proposals
One Spirit Learning Alliance is requesting proposals for educational workshops that address the past year, and what is to come.
Course Dates: October 2021 through May 2022-All proposals must be submitted by February 25th to be considered for these school dates
We are seeking highly skilled, experienced presenters to facilitate experiential, interactive, participatory workshops that evoke consciousness of the sacred as a catalyst for transformative change on both personal and collective (group, community, societal) levels. All presenters must have the capacity to draw students from beyond the One Spirit community.
We’re looking for transformative experiences that provide students opportunities to:
- Explore: anchor content in inquiry, in not knowing
- Cultivate Presence: consciousness of the sacred as our catalyst for change
- Listen to the Ancestors: Explore ancient wisdom and sacred texts in the light of contemporary
knowledge as sharing a single, metaphysical truth or origin
- Be Courageous: safely step outside of comfort zones
- Experience: engage in reflective learning that is informed by the direct, hands-on application
of spiritual guidance and tools
- Connect with Others: growth at One Spirit happens in the crucible of community
- Grow Professionally: many of our spiritual leaders wish to augment their spiritual training with professional and business skills so they may flourish while helping others.
Rather than relying on lecture alone, our most successful One Spirit presenters create transformative learning experiences by incorporating engaging and interactive teaching modalities such as:
- Ritual / Ceremony
- Small Group Breakouts
- Large Group Conversations
- Ample Space for Reflection
- Spiritual Practices
- Movement / Body practices
- Creative / Artistic Activities
Themes of Exploration
We are especially interested in the following topics and how they might help address the acute needs presenting themselves in the light of current national and global conditions.
Mysticism / Mystics / Mystery
- Understanding mystical contemplation, awareness and connection to our inner world from the standpoint of various traditions, rituals and mystics.
- Exploring the concept of nonduality, including what it means to embrace unity consciousness and all parts of the self, to feel truly interconnected with all life, and to be engaged in the evolving human society.
- Embracing all that arises as an offering from the mystery of existence, which serves as fertile ground for practicing openness, compassion, authenticity, acceptance of what is, letting go, forgiveness.
Nature / Spiritual Ecology
- Understanding spiritual ecology, environmentalism, humanity’s role in our ecosystem, and the critical need to restore balance.
- Experiencing nature as a sacred practice, with the intention of connecting to and listening to Spirit.
- Exploring the intersection of Nature and the arts.
Sacred Activism / Social Justice / Social Transformation
- Facilitating and engaging in group processes that use spiritual practices to promote Beloved Community.
- Exploring how various approaches to spiritual activism align with one’s gifts and interests.
- Applying the principles of spiritual activism in daily life through practices such as loving kindness, personal accountability, and mindful social action.
- Developing and supporting spiritual activism projects as catalysts for social transformation.
Companioning Communities & Bridging Differences
- Creating and hosting rituals and practices for spiritual growth while navigating uncertainty, change, and the unknown.
- Building spiritual community through gatherings and workshops that address one’s desire to connect more deeply with others.
- Spiritual approaches to addressing personal and community grief related to death and mourning, isolation, or feeling a loss of safety/security.
- Finding common ground across different ideologies through ritual, unification, humanization, and life experiences.
- Seeking first to understand others as a demonstration of compassion, humility and respect for others.
- Facilitating openness and mutual understanding when conversations challenge one’s ideology and worldview.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Antiracism
- Embracing the call to awaken to the suffering of others impacted by institutional racism and finding ways to be of service in response.
- Examining spiritual leadership through the lens of White privilege and supremacy culture.
- Embracing the power of your story and ‘culture add’ as a catalyst for spiritual growth, especially as members of underrepresented and marginalized groups.
- Exploring how Interspirituality serves as a vehicle for authentically engaging diverse communities and proactively dismantling racist and other exclusionary practices in religio-spiritual settings.
- Educating ourselves and our communities about diversity, equity and inclusion, including strategies for engaging in conversations that address the impact of power dynamics within a white dominant, patriarchal society.